PR/Communication/Outreach Internship is available!
Considering a career in integrated strategic communications/PR? If so, you should definitely consider this internship opportunity!
We’re looking for interns who have excellent oral and written communications skills, who are passionate about the communications/marketing/PR fields and are eager to be a part of JAA team.
What’s in it for me?
Working with Junior Achievement Azerbaijan would give you the opportunity to grow exponentially by working in different aspects of entrepreneurial learning, financial literacy and work readiness within the education field.
With this internship you’d be able to learn and apply the basics of ISC/PR; gain real-world experience applicable to your career; expand your portfolio; work in an international and global setting, which will give you the edge that all college graduates are looking to have; and have the opportunity to work in every area of ISC you can think of.
The intern will be responsible for assisting with research, planning, execution and evaluation of multiple projects for the Junior Achievement Azerbaijan and its various sub-units.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Content development (photography, video, illustrations and copy for web, print, social media, etc.)
- Design/editing of promotional materials (brochures, flyers, etc.)
- Press release writing (AP Style)
- Conduct and compile research
- Assist in social media community management
- Assist in production and distribution of newsletters
- Apply technology and analytics to identify trends
- Assist in development of monthly reports
- Read and identify media clips from online resources
- Assist with compilation of media coverage reports
- Assist in event planning
Qualified candidates will be detail-oriented, creative and demonstrate:
- Ability to work effectively individually and with others.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work while under pressure and short deadlines.
- Good proofreading skills in Azeri and English.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop).
- Experience using various social media platforms, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Basic knowledge and/or aptitude to learn Facebook Insights and Twitter Analytics or similar social media management tool.
- Working knowledge of iOS (Apple) or MS Office.
- Basic knowledge of Associated Press Style.
How to apply
Applicants should submit an email to Ayten Pashayeva, Project Manager, JA Azerbaijan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include in your subject line: JAA Internship Application – PR/Communication 2017: [YOURNAME] and attach the following:
- Cover letter expressing interest in the position and why you think you’d be a good fit
- Up-to-date resume
For more information please contact Ayten Pashayeva, Project Manager, JA Azerbaijan at email@example.com
DEADLINE TO APPLY: April. 10, 2017.
Please note this is an unpaid internship and the position will only be offered to students.